Thursday 17 February 2011

Someone like you


I may have mentioned a few times about how much I love Adele. Listening to her new album I was always going to love it but it's the last track "Someone like you" that ends the album on such a twist for me. You can hear the heartbreak in her voice and through the lyrics.

Just Adele and a piano. Beautiful.



"Nevermind, I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said:-
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead, yeah"
We all have either been heartbroken or know someone who has. This song is very poignant as it's such a bittersweet goodbye, it's ok to hold onto memories of the past but remember to move on and make new memories too.

Beautiful song.





Share

No comments: