Friday 9 April 2010

Goodbye Powderfinger...


Today Powderfinger announced that The Sunsets Tour later this year would be the last tour and that their recent album Golden Rule will be their last. I'm in despair...

In a statement read out the band said "With the completion of our last album, Golden Rule, we feel that we have said all that we want to say as a musical group.  We firmly believe that it is our most complete and satisfying album and can't think of a better way to farewell our fans than with music that we all believe in and also with, hopefully, our best tour to date".

I am so glad that I booked tickets to see them later this month in London as I would have missed the chance to see them as The Sunsets Tour is an Australia tour and well maybe we could go but I doubt it. :-((

This weekend I will be listening to a lot of Powderfinger to get over my absolute despair of hearing the news this morning, I might try working out my order of favourite tracks and albums of their work. Obsessed? Me? A little. Thing is I bet Spurs boy has already started working out his favourites!

One of my favourites though is "Sunsets" and is the song Spurs boy reminded me of last summer when I was going through a little bad spell. Always means a lot to me.
Be warned this despair may go on for some time...


No comments: