Monday 26 July 2010

Three songs

I've mentioned it a few times on my blog before that I have quite a varied music taste. Growing up my parents listened to The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac and The Beach Boys to name a few (actually this is only my Dad's choice of music, my Mum's was just Cliff Richard really and that's just embarrassing).

A shuffle play through my iTunes or on my iPod and the variety just shines through, I think it's as random as my life is to be honest. Spurs boy also has a wide variety of music in his collection so between us it's a pretty weird and wonderful collection.

I have this thing where certain songs seems to follow me wherever I go, normally it's just one song but this weekend it has been three songs.

THREE.

I know I'm being greedy but it's three.

The first one is B.O.B featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore - Airplanes 


I love the lyrics:
"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now"
That would make a great tattoo...

The second song is 30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge (stupid youtube won't let me put it here and it's a great video! *throws strop*)

I've always been in love with Jared Leto since he was in My So-Called Life and now he's in a band! I think I actually love him more :-)

Great mohawk!

Again the lyrics to this song are fantastic, I like to play this song loud and sing loudly to it. I apologise to anyone who has heard me sing this in my car the last few days being stuck in traffic (I've spotted a few people looking at me strangely). 
"I don't remember one moment, I tried to forget
I lost myself, is it better not said?
Now I'm closer to the edge

If it's a thousand to one and a million to two
Time to go down in flames and I'm taking you
Closer to the edge

No, I'm not saying I'm sorry
One day maybe we'll meet again
No, I'm not saying I'm sorry
One day maybe we'll meet again

(No, no, no, no)

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a sun and the death of a dream
Closer to the edge

This never ending story
Hateful with pride and fate
We all fall short of glory, lost in ourselves

No, I'm not saying I'm sorry
One day maybe we'll meet again
No, I'm not saying I'm sorry
One day maybe we'll meet again

(No, no, no, no)

I will never forget
I will never regret
I will live my life

No, I'm not saying I'm sorry
One day maybe we'll meet again
No, I'm not saying I'm sorry
One day maybe we'll meet again

Closer to the edge
Closer to the edge"
The third song is I guess like the first song, another rap song. But people are ALWAYS surprised that I am a fan of his. Eminem featuring Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie.

 
This is a pretty tough song about domestic violence and I think it's particularly poignant that Rihanna performs in this song after her relationship with Chris Brown ended due to violence. There is no doubt that Eminem and Rihanna together were always going to make a great song together, but this is truly great. The lyrics are raw, honest and hurtful. My favourite lyric though is;
"Now you get to watch her leave out the window
Guess that's why they call it window pane"
Eminem's album 'Recovery' is a great album, 'Relapse' wasn't a great comeback album. This one is. In fact it's not a comeback album, it's some of his best work. 

Three songs that follow me and now I've put this altogether I've got a bit of a remix of all three altogether. See random? That's just how I roll ;-)

No comments: