Thursday 5 May 2011

Listography - Simple Pleasures


I enjoyed doing my first of these lists and now I'm doing it again. This time Kate Takes 5 wants to know our Simple Pleasures, this should be easy :-)

1. Having no emails in my work email account. That moment when I've got 0 emails in my inbox is a rare but beautiful moment often rewarded with a cuppa and cake.

2. Cooking. I know a lot of people who can't cook or are scared to cook. I've always felt lucky that in the kitchen I'm happy. I like that I can go in there and make dinner. Sad but true!

3. The treasured time of me doing whatever I want when I am home alone. No you dirty lot... no nakedness! Just reading a book, listening to music, writing. Just me and whatever I want. Too many times this time involves me emptying and re-filling the washing machine so when I get the time for me. I grab it!

4. An addition from point 3 but I spend a lot of time in the garden, making it pretty and productive. It's mine. I'd be out there all day if I could!

5. Shopping! Instantly cheered up and there's plenty of time to chat with friends over lunch whilst sitting with the map of Bluewater shopping centre planning the afternoon in full! 

There's mine. What are yours?






Share

2 comments:

Kate G said...

Lovely! My husband somehow manages to keep his inbox at close to zero whereas I have hundreds of read and unread posts dating back months and months...Strangely my wardrobe \ draws \ life take on the same messiness whereas his are perfectly organised. Grrr.

blissbubbley said...

I am the same. I think I need to stop looking at what my OH does and concentrate on the fact I'll always be a little disorganised!