Friday 28 August 2009

My Favourite ER Character

Whilst watching the repeats of the final season I was thinking about who my favourite ER character was and I was actually quite surprised when I wrote out my Top 5.

Ok in 5th place is...


Dr Mark Greene played by Anthony Edwards.

In 4th place...

Dr Tony Gates played by John Stamos. You can follow him on twitter @JohnStamos.
Ok now this is where the surprise comes in I guess...

At No 3 is...


Yes, this even surprised myself! He's at No 3!

Now No 2 is...


Dr John Carter played by Noah Wyle.


And yes I bet now you're thinking who is No 1 because it's not Ross or Carter well...

No 1 is ...


Dr Simon Brenner played by David Lyons.


So why him? Well not only is David Lyons a hot Aussie actor (he is very similar to Simon Baker from The Mentalist) but I think Brenner's character is actually the most intruguing of all the characters on the show. David Lyons should have been nominated for an Emmy for the performance below when he tells Dr Morris about being abused by his Mum's boyfriend as a child.




I still can't watch that scene without crying it's so powerful and wonderfully acted.


And for those like me who are having withdrawal symptoms from there being no David Lyons on TV, he's coming back to our screens in Day One, a drama series which has been called War of the Worlds meets Lost. The trailer below is unfortunately quite low in quality but is intriguing.



Who is your favourite ER character? Any thoughts on Day One?

No comments: