Monday 26 December 2011

Music Monday - My Favourite Songs from 2011


I love my music and have such a varied amount of music it makes the mind boggle a bit. I've compiled some of my favourite round-ups of 2011 with music, film, TV and Sport through the week. Here is the first part as I look through my favourite songs from 2011.

These are in no order :-)

Ed Sheeran - Lego House

And no that's not him in the video ;-)


Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight

Yep. Cannot help but dance along.


Adele - Someone Like You

The intro by James Corden perfectly sums up this song and why it was so popular this year.


Professor Green featuring Emeli Sande - Read All About It

I am a big fan of the hard rapping style mixed with beautiful controlled lyrics. Eminem and Rihanna are other that fitted the bill with their duet and this one was exactly the same.


Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me

I've developed into quite a fan of Example.


Will Young - Jealousy

If I 'had' to pick my favourite song from 2011 then without question it would be this song. I love Will Young and I love the way this song builds up and back down. Beautiful song. Plus it's a catchy bugger of a song ;-)


Jessie J - Who Are You

"seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing"


Foo Fighters - Rope

A welcome return for the Foos this year. Saw them in the Summer. AMAZEBALLS!


Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

Loved this band this year and this never fails to get caught in your head when you've heard it!


One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful

Erm... yeah... how did this get here? How? Well it's bloody catchy and I can't help but like that cheeky fivesome. Some say they are as big as The Beatles when they started. I think by the sounds of the screams... they could be bigger :-O


Beady Eye - Two Of A Kind
The Gallagher brothers back in the charts but under two different names. Liam under Beady Eye caught my ears with his catchy album and this B side is one of my favourites.


Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"

Welcome back Mr Martin... and have you been working out? ;-)


Miles Kane - Come Closer

Love this track and love Miles Kane too. Saw him in concert a few weeks back and he was totally amazing!


Nicola Roberts - Beat Of My Drum

No one was really expecting the quiet one from Girls Aloud to have one of the critics best songs from the year on their lists. But she is, and deservedly so.


Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love

"We found love in a hopeless place"



Lady Gaga - Edge Of Glory

It was close to call between this song and Born This Way as I loved both. But I have to say Edge of Glory just shades it for its perfect sing a long whilst driving for me. I can really shout the lyrics ;-)


Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had A Gun...

Love the album. Love this song!


So that's my songs from 2011, quite a mixed list eh? Well that's me ;-)

What are your favourite songs from the year?
Share

No comments: