Wednesday 20 June 2012

mypure Review: Lovea Bio Burkina Shea Butter Nourishing Shampoo


I use a lot of various products on my hair and I know it's not good for it to keep doing it. Add to that the number of times I have dyed my hair and I think if my hair went for a "hair check up" it would come back as poorly. I don't have a favourite shampoo, instead I use various shampoos and this isn't because I can't get to just liking one but because my hair is so varied that I need a multitude of shampoos. I do! Notice how I'm trying to justify it a bit? Oops
So another mypure review and this time I went for a shampoo. The Lovea Bio Burkina Shea Butter Nourishing Shampoo as I mentioned before my hair is probably far from healthy and I had read good things about this shampoo.

I have thick, wavy (polite term for it will do whatever it wants to!) colour treated hair and the reason for the variety of shampoos comes from the need to satisfy all my hair needs from one bottle does not happen. So I was hoping this one would reinvent my hair a bit more and possibly make it healthy again. 

The blurb 

Lovea Burkina Shea Butter Nourishing Shampoo is specially formulated for dry & very dry hair. Regular use promotes silky & stronger hair that is more manageable. This shampoo uses organic certified Burkina Shea Butter, a precious active ingredient from Africa, its rich, creamy texture will nourish very dry hair. 

My Review

Years ago if you'd have told me I would be using a shampoo for dry hair I would have laughed in your face. In the past year or so it has stopped being a bit oily on the top of my hair and instead its dry. Dry to the point that a bit of heat and it goes frizzy. Urgh! 

The first thing to note with this shampoo is the packaging, I hate (with a passion) shampoos and indeed shower gels where you cannot stand them up properly and the product falls to the bottom. The shampoo tube easily gets blocked and you get that gungy yucky stuff. Eww! That's a big no-no from me. The smell is peculiar but it's not unpleasant. The product itself isn't greasy as some shampoos can be and this doesn't lather up a lot but I've been told my a few hairdresser experts that is the sign of a good shampoo! As soon as you start washing the shampoo out of your hair you can tell your hair feels like it's had an intensive hair conditioner added. Combing through my hair afterwards and it was easy to comb and it felt soft. When my hair was dry it was shinier, more soft and less poofy. My hair has a habit especially on the first day of being washed of being a lot bigger and I have to use products to tame it down. Can you see why my hair might not be so healthy now? 

After a few weeks of using this and I've not stopped using it. I have used it as a regular shampoo (everyday use) and also as a once a week alternative and I have been so impressed with how my hair is looking now. The shampoo is priced at £4.99 which is very good value for the shampoo and conditioning effect all in one. So now I have a new bottle on my shampoo shelf and hopefully my hair is getting healthier. 

Which reminds me, I need to book a hair appointment and sort my roots!

mypure deliver worldwide (postage charges apply) and they pride themselves on organic beauty products. The website is easy to use, you'll be emailed promptly with your order details and when it has been despatched and the delivery is quick.





Share

No comments: