Wednesday 24 October 2012

Reading isn't a task!


I write a to-do list every single day with ten things that I need to do. I keep it to ten, why do more? ;-) I wrote one on Sunday and didn't even notice really what I'd written down until I read it back through, there are number six was "READ MY BOOK".

Since when did this become a task? No, no, no, no. Then I thought back to when I had last read my book. Ummmmm when was that...

I have books to read for the review site that I write for over with Larissa but my actual book pile was just increasing and I wasn't reading. How did this happen? When was my "me time" gone?

I then put aside my to-do list and made myself a cuppa hot chocolate with whipped cream (yep!) and three* bourbon biscuits and sat down for a whole hour with my book. It was bliss. It's not something that needs to go on my to-do list but it is important to my zen. I just need to assign time differently, reading isn't a task. It's a love.

*Biscuits should always be in three's. One is never enough, two is not quite hitting the spot but four is one away from five! Three is the ultimate in biscuit numbers.

IMAGE SOURCE




  Share

No comments: