Monday 7 March 2011

Take a smile

Image from HERE

There's a lot of doom and gloom about at the moment; job cuts, bill increases and your football team loses. Ok so the last one is only a certain percentage but no doubt the first two have mad you have a sad if not angry face over the last few weeks. So it's Monday, another week to get through so let's start the week with some positivity.
"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it"
- Groucho Marx

"The talent for being happy is liking and appreciating what you have instead of what you don't have"
- Woody Allen
"I have at times been wildly, despairingly acutely miserable, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing"
- Agatha Christie
In the past I've written happiness lists of all the things that make me happy, they can range from things like helping a stranger to going and spending time with old friends. Anything that brings a smile is worthy in my opinion.

This song was the first song my iPod played this morning on shuffle. Suddenly I'm smiling again!


What makes you happy?



Share

No comments: