Monday 31 January 2011

A Daily Waffle

Image from HERE

How is that for breakfast? Every day. Delicious. Why shouldn't you add a bit of something totally naughty to your day?

I'm pretty late onto the waffle scene but they have swiftly become my favourite thing. It coincides also with the fact my writing is now on another website now too, Daily Waffle. A site with a great team of writers covering topics ranging from politics to sport, music to technology, film to health, food and drink.

You can also follow on facebook and twitter too.

If you need a waffle recipe here's the one I've been using;

This recipe makes 8-10 waffles (And no I don't eat ALL of them, but most of them!).

You of course need a waffle maker, there are loads available with different shapes and some even Mickey Mouse shaped!

Ingredients

200g plain flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 large eggs
500g tub plain natural yoghurt

Mix everything together in a bowl, then leave for 10 to 15 minutes. Lightly brush the waffle maker with margarine using a pastry brush between cooking each waffle.

It doesn't take long from when you close the waffle maker until the waffles are ready. They freeze very well, and you can always pop them in the microwave to reheat.

Popular toppings are just simply;

Simply just maple syrup on top
Egg and bacon on top (nom!)
My recent favourite is mixed fruit pieces and yoghurt. Ah delicious!

So now I can read and eat my waffles :-)




Share

No comments: