Wednesday 27 October 2010

Never judge a book by its cover


I love social media but I've also seen the bad sides of it, there is so much abuse that is used and in some cases allowed to continue. I've seen over the years such hurtful comments made to people and all through "faceless" technology. Some people seem to have nothing better to do than to inflict their views onto others.

I've seen on twitter where people have openly written in their profiles about them having a learning disability and this is then turned against them. People will follow them for a while have their "laugh" and then unfollow them, some will leave a trail of destruction with them.

So I feel it's only fair to tell you that I have a learning disability. I'm dyslexic.

I'm not what is called "fully" dyslexic but I have trouble with reading comprehension and at school I was given help to make it easier for me to be able to understand what I had just read. Even today I still have to put these practices into place and sometimes I can still misread something.

So now you know, will you unfollow me? Or stop reading?

So you see my point is, maybe you should get to know the person before you judge them on their disability first.

1 comment: