Wednesday 27 October 2010

NaNoWriMo


Yes it's nearly November and this means it's very nearly time again for NaNoWriMo. Confused? Well I'll explain NaNoWriMo is the abbrevation for National Novel Writing Month.

So the idea is to write a 175 page (50,000 word) novel and you start on November the 1st and end at midnight on November 30th. If you've been reading my blog for sometime you'll know that last November I completed NaNoWriMo and it was certainly an experience. 

Just last month I started to read through what I had written and some of it is good and other bits are just piffle. But the point is it's not about quality with NaNoWriMo it's about quantity. It's a big challenge to set yourself to complete.

I'm glad I did it. Anyone thinking of doing it for November?

2 comments:

GoodbyeBlighty said...

This is amazing! I think it might be exactly what I need to kick-start myself in to writing. I really should start making notes about what I want to write about before November comes around. I should be able to make time to write something every day.

blissbubbley said...

Awesome. Good luck :-)