Monday 29 November 2010

Nights in white satin


I've mentioned before that I love X Factor, and occasionally someone will cover a song that makes me want to hurl something at the TV (I always hope it will be a cushion rather than anything heavy!). On the odd occasion it might be a cover of a song that completely takes my breath away. The latter happened on Saturday night.


I've complained to ITV over the typo on the title of the song on the official X Factor You Tube page, Knights in White Satin.... FFS!

My Dad is a Moody Blues fan and I guess he'll be the one to tell me just how good it was. I don't think I've ever heard anyone else cover the song and although it's a shorter snippet than the original I felt it still gave me the same shivers that Justin Hayward's voice does.

Had to put the original in. Check out the suits and the ruffled shirts :-)


I've seen The Moody Blues live before and I was amazed to see a band supported by a full orchestra. There will be a little bit more about The Moody Blues singer Justin Hayward tomorrow on my "Sarah Loves..." post, anyone know why? Dad don't answer please!

If you need a clue;

"Ulla"

;-)

1 comment:

Doonytime said...

"No one would have believed, in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space..."

Brilliant. I love it.
It's on my iPod, and it's contstantly playing. Just wish I could get to see it live in Manchester - guess I'll just have to listen again.