Thursday 28 April 2011

Where do you see yourself in 15 years?


You know those appraisal meetings with your boss where you get asked about your future. Sometimes the "Where do you see yourself in 15 years?" question will pop up. Some people have their lives all mapped out and can quickly answer and list all the things they will have achieved in that time and what will be next on their horizon.

Me? I'm more of a "we'll see" person which I know frustrates employers as you come across as flaky and unloyal. I had a chat with some friends recently on this subject and they all felt the same as me and one chose to lie to her boss about what she wanted to do in the future. She said that she had said everything that her boss wanted to hear. Afterwards she felt that she'd cheated on herself as she didn't believe in what she'd said.

It's the most dreaded question. I'm still unsure of what I'm doing tomorrow! Live for now- that's me :-)

What about you? Where do you see yourself in 15 years?



Share

2 comments:

GoodbyeBlighty said...

I'm the same as you. I have no idea what I'll be doing next week, let alone in 15 years! :O

blissbubbley said...

Haha! We'll stick together :)