Monday 12 July 2010

Spain win The World Cup

Well it's over. Another World Cup won. Spain I feel are worthy winners across the tournament, although it certainly wasn't great World Cup overall. I don't just mean England's dismal display which I might add I'm still trying to erase from my memory. But there have been better tournaments, but I'm not taking anything away from Spain.

Of course Spain winning made me very happy as they were my sweepstake team so I'm quids in :-) Planning to put the money towards a little holiday but I'll keep you posted on that idea.

Spain had also provided me with the chance to see Pique, I still miss him from when he left Manchester United and he's the main reason I watch Barcelona matches now he's an added bonus to watching Barcelona play ;-)

Gerard Pique, Oh how I wish you hadn't left :-(

I will miss this song "Sing Sing Africa"


Also I did like vuvuzelas and I still have the app on my iPhone, it's great for a wake up call!

The winner of this World Cup though has to be the people of South Africa, there was a lot of controversy surrounding the tournament being there and they did a fantastic job. I'm sure today they are very proud of what they have achieved. 
It was really nice to see Nelson Mandela at the Closing Ceremony of the tournament. Nobody deserves it more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said. Spain played so much better than most teams and put England to shame!