Friday 12 March 2010

F1 is back!


Yes it's back! F1 is finally back for the 2010 season this weekend. Excited? Well I am. In fact our home has sort of gone a bit F1 crazy at the moment. Little man decided he no longer liked his Ben 10 themed bed set (although he still loves Ben 10) and he wanted a Jenson Button one. Guess he wants Button to win then?

Spurs boy is a Ferrari fan and has been from a very young age. As for me, well I don't know why but I've never really been a Lewis Hamilton fan and I admit I have always had a soft spot for Jenson so maybe I will be on Little man's team. But then there is the 'Michael Schumacher' factor, for me he is a great driver and especially when it rains!

Then there are the rule changes this year, some are too confusing for this blog and for me to write about (lol). But the most important ones are -
  • No refuelling during the race
  • The top ten drivers to qualify for the race must start the race on the same set of tyres that they qualified with
  • The 2010 points system will see 25 points for first, 18 for second, with third receiving 15, 12 for fourth and then ten, eight, six, four, two, and one for tenth place (it used to be ten points for first, eight for second, six for third and all the way down to one for eighth place).
Also there is a certain song that always gives me goosebumps about F1, you know the one right - Fleetwood Mac's The Chain. BBC use it as their F1 signature tune.


Whilst getting ready the other night for some of our friends to come over, Spurs boy had been playing music on his laptop and his music taste is pretty varied. But he has always been a bit of a drum 'n' bass fan and I absolutely love this version of The Chain which he played


If you don't like F1 then this will have just passed you by, but if you do - who do you want to win?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Jensen all the way, I always loved him when I was younger