Tuesday 27 December 2011

My Favourite Films of 2011


Yesterday saw my favourite songs of 2011 and now we move onto movies. It's been quite a mixed year I thought film wise and I think a lot of people are waiting for 2012, and I am one of them. But first 2011.

For this I have put my favourite films into a Top 5... well just about and this did take me some time and I might have eaten a near tub of Quality Street for thinking power!

5. Crazy Stupid Love

My comedy feelgood movie of the year... plus Ryan Gosling is HOT! 


4. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

The Harry Potter films were over this year. I cried. But with the complete boxset now I'm going to arrange a Harry Potter day! 


3. The King's Speech

The first film I saw of 2011 was The King's Speech and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Learnt a lot more about the history of the Royal family after seeing this.


2. Senna

So glad that this eventually made its way to cinemas and it was my Top DVD on my list for Christmas! Already watched it twice ;-) Fantastic insight into one of my favourite Grand Prix drivers, Ayrton Senna. 


1. Drive

Another car film. Another Ryan Gosling film. This is totally amazing. Loved everything about it.


Others worthy of a mention (in no particular order);

Ides of March - another Ryan Gosling film. Political drama with George Clooney who starred and directed in this.
In Time - Science Fiction thriller with Justin Timberlake and Cillian Murphy.
Bridesmaids - Comedy film that is pretty much the female version of The Hangover. Plenty of laughs!
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Really enjoyed this, fantastic cast.
Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1 - Although the books went a bit silly with the story I was impressed with how this was put onto the big screen. Looking forward to Pt 2.
Gnomeo & Juliet - Cartoon comedy fun! Perfect!
HOP - I want candy! ;-)
The Adjustment Bureau - This clever fantasy romance film really caught my eye starring Matt Damon.
Rango - A computer animated film that was much better than I expected. Oh and Johnny Depp is one of the voices
Paul - Science fiction comedy from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Hilarious viewing!
X-Men: First Class - Just when people thought the X-Men film series might have ended, then this came out. Apparently this will be the start of another trilogy series.
Mr Popper's Penguins - Loved this penguin caper film with Jim Carrey
The Inbetweeners Movie - A great move from TV to film for The Inbetweeners.
Real Steel - Loved this robot boxing film with Hugh Jackman, a real surprise.

So 2012...

Well my most awaited film FINALLY gets released...

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES


Other notable mentions are;

The Hobbit
Battleship
Pixar's Brave
The Avengers

This girl loves a cinema trip! Can you tell?

What were your films of 2011? What are you looking forward to in 2012?
Share

1 comment:

GoodbyeBlighty said...

The cinema is one of my most missed things about not being home.