Tuesday 21 September 2010

Sarah Loves... Peanut Butter


Isn't peanut butter lovely? Or is this a marmite dilemma; do you either love it or hate it? (For the record I am not a marmite fan) Well I love peanut butter and it's probably one of the main staples in our house like milk, bread and juice.

Spurs boy is probably the weirdest for his peanut butter mixes for his sandwiches. His favourite is peanut butter and mint sauce! This from the man whose favourite sandwich filling is chilli con carne :-) I've tried the peanut butter and mint sauce one and it's actually surprisingly tasty (the chilli one is also yummy). I do like to use peanut butter as my adhesive (instead of butter) and my favourite is peanut butter with ham 'n' cheese. Nom.

I also love making peanut butter cookies, they are so easy to make and taste absolutely scrummy.

Here's the recipe;

Ingredients

  • 275g crunchy peanut butter
  • 200g caster sugar
  • 1 large egg
How to make them
  • Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
  • Mix sugar and eggs together.
  • Add peanut butter and mix well.
  • Pop the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes.
  • Remove from the fridge and form the mixture into 1 inch balls.
  • Place balls on baking tray and flatten with a fork to make a nice criss-crossy pattern! Be sure to leave some space between the cookies as they will expand slightly.
  • Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
  • Be sure to leave the cookies to cool on the baking tray or be warned they will fall to pieces!
So very easy. Sometimes I add in some chocolate chips or smarties. For those who truly love peanut butter a few Reese's pieces is an added treat ;-)

Delicious!

I'm a great fan of Reese's... anything, I love them all. Since Spurs boy's sister has moved to NY we have had regular deliveries of Reese's stuff. It's amazing. We get a few Reese's bits over here but obviously not everything.

I just found out McDonalds have done a Reese's McFlurry. Want it now! Nom.

Are you a peanut butter fan?

No comments: