Tuesday 20 April 2010

Sarah Loves... Spotify


Have you used Spotify yet? If not, why not? I hardly even open my iTunes anymore as Spotify is my music choice.

The Spotify website says - "Think of Spotify as your new music collection. Your library. Only this time your collection is vast: 8 million tracks and counting. You can create as many playlists as you like from this collection - just drag and drop the tracks you want. And because the music plays live, there’s no need to wait for downloads and no big dent in your hard drive. You can listen at any time, no matter where you are. Through your computer or your mobile phone".

Now admittedly they don't have every song (and there are a few of my favourite albums still to be on there) but the main reason I like it is for it's music share abilities. You can share tracks and playlists with your friends and you can even make the playlists collaborative so your friends can add to them also. 

There are 3 different options for Spotify:

Free - Includes advertising
Day Pass (99p) - A full day of music with no adverts
Premium (£9.99 a month) - Unlimited music with no adverts, Spotify on your mobile, offline mode for your playlists enabling you to take your music wherever you go. 

So I thought I would share my favourite Powderfinger songs with you


I will be listening to this a lot this week as they had to postpone their UK tour due to the ash cloud and they have rescheduled the dates for when we are in NYC :-(( But...we are looking into the possibility of going to Australia to see them on the final part of their farewell tour. OMG OMG OMG! I'm not excited...ok just a little!

4 comments:

Maria said...

I love Spotify but I haven't been on it recently as I have gone old school and been listening to the radio! :)

Sarah said...

Oh the radio, what's your station of choice?

Steve Morton said...

I find it great for checking out albums before buying the CD or doing a download.

Sarah said...

Exactly. I've even sent the Spotify team a tweet and asked them for an album and in a few days hey presto it was there!